I tell stories that look at the world through humor, curiosity, adventure, and love. My goal is to give you a few minutes (or more) of escape from your daily busyness. If my stories get you to smile or laugh, perfect. While most of my stories have contemporary settings, I occasionally dabble in magic because I have a private fantasy of owning a magic wand that actually works.
I learned to paint with acrylics in 2014 with my kids during an online art class for homeschoolers. Since then, my love of painting is almost as high as my love of writing. I’ve experimented with acrylics, watercolor, gouache, pastels (both soft and oil), colored pencils, and watercolor pencils. The hardest part for me is deciding which one I want to do next. The more colorful the painting subject, the more I enjoy pulling it together.
The goal of my blog is to:
- chronicle my transition into a writing career,
- hold myself accountable to my writing goals,
- connect with readers, authors, and artists,
- share my short stories,
- announce the release of my novels,
- show and sell my current artwork, and
- have fun.
Some random tidbits about me:
- I’ve been married to my college sweetheart for 18 years.
- I homeschool my teenagers.
- I love to travel and explore new areas.
- Geocaching is among my favorite activities as a way to find places I didn’t know about.